Thursday, December 06, 2007

Out of My Gourd


So a couple of months ago I decided to try my hand at
yet another art medium "Gourd Art" -as if I didn't already
have my hands into so many other wonderful mediums.
I took one class, learned two techniques, a closed coiled
and basketweave. Learned how to grow, clean, cut and dye a gourd and I was immediately hooked. I made this one specifically for a wedding gift and have since completed two others. I still need to take pics of the other two I've recently completed and will post them soon..

Here's another view.

If you ever get a chance to travel to Fallbrook, CA
the "International Gourd Art Festival" is a must see.
I had the chance to go this past summer and I'm still reeling at the beautiful, talented gourd art that I encountered at this event and talk about supplies...geeeshh a feast for one's eyes.

Another reason I'm out of my gourd...

Last night when I left work I drove directly to the Apple Store
in Fashion Valley and bought myself an 24" iMac. I'm a convert!
Did I say out of my gourd?! because the last time my fingers
touched a mac I was using an Apple IIe. Now I'm dating myself.
What this means I'll soon be transferring files from my current Dell PC (don't know how) and installing and teaching myself a whole new operating system. So... if I vanish from sight for awhile you'll know I fubar'd things up and I'm trying to wrangle my way back.
I consider myself a pretty savvy PC user but this whole Mac experience is new to me.
Wish me luck!

OH and BTW...have I mentioned that this daylight savings time stinks because I leave for work at o'dark thirty and return home at o'dark thirty. It feels like it's way past my bedtime.

Ciao! Please visit my other blogspot: "ThE ArTfuL EyE"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I must admit...I don't know what I would do with a gourd, but I LOVE yours and the one on the other site. They are gorgeous!! You are one talented lady.

Anonymous said...

this is really beautiful! one summer half of my mom's garden was gourds, she wanted me to make something cool with them...i tried, but i didn't get far at all ...but yours, wow, i really love it!